kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: reply.......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by graham(UK) on January 06, 2002 at 17:12:26:

In Reply to: Re: reply....... posted by Justin on January 06, 2002 at 16:46:37:

Justin, since you came to this forum you have seriously tried your hardest to create an ill feeling amongst it's members by prolonging a post just to try to intimidate it's postee.

Whilst I have tried to give you an honest approach & so did Stuart, I guess that you will be king of the forum, with all comers bowing down to you & your vast book knowledge.

You look to have a really impressive list of animals, well done. My humble qty is nowhere near yours.

I like to support CB, but where did they get their original stock?

>......: Of course we do, I try not to support them or their business.
You say you "try not to support them", so this statement means that you do "occassionally buy from them"

>.....: Thats crap, it can take half a century or more for deficiencies to develop.......
I wonder how long it takes for disease to resurrect itself, with all these animals I trust your using barrier hygene.

BTW, Stuart, my vet, is one in a million. He stood with me & together we took on a leading UK reptile dealer, to court & beat the pants off them. This is why I understand this mans idea's & forsight for the future of chelonians/keeping.

I have to tell you that further to the posts from lower down the page, many of both Stuarts replies & mine were blocked by Kingsnake with "warning messages" being flashed everytime we tried to respond. Eventually Jeff B interviened.
I was even being sent virus's from "wellwishers", not exactly conducive to good relations.
I't obvious that we Brits arn't welcomed.
Good luck with your torts/animals.

graham(UK)

: : Hi Justin,
: : Tell me , how did you acquire your torts. Did you buy yours?

: Mainly breeders. I like to support captive breeding.

: : When did you give the "greek or the Leo " the choice of choosing if they mixed or not?

: They were in a 25 foot by 10 foot pen.

: : Had I not purchased my torts, someone else in the UK would have.....poss by now they may have died.

: And since you did purchase them, the importer probably imported a few more, did you buy all of those?

: : Do you not have ppl int he USA who "import" torts?

: Of course we do, I try not to support them or their business.

: : The fact that they are growing DOES mean they are thriving.

: Thats crap, it can take half a century or more for deficiencies to develop. The test is how long the animals will live for, get back to me in fifty years.

: : BTW, I do have Leopards, & Russians & Box turtles & chameleons & most important......A life.

: Wow what a list, I have pancakes, stars, egyptians, marginateds, leopards, greeks, redfoots, rhino iguanas, dumerils boas, cuora flavos, pink belly sidenecks, map turtles, parrots and various colubrids. As for your life, it must be hectic, took you a whole 5 minutes to reply to me. Are you going to run and get your vet to bail you out now?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]