kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

ps, pics were taken today.n/p

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by graham(UK) on January 06, 2002 at 13:45:38:

In Reply to: In MY defence........ posted by graham(UK) on January 06, 2002 at 13:41:18:

: Lets clear up some points,

: 1.. My torts were being sold by the pet trade in the UK before I purchased them. I DID NOT BRING THEM FROM THE WARMER CLIMES TO THE UK FOR SALE.

: 2. I purchased them with the intention of bettering their life, I was told they were good garden torts! I spent the money on preparing them a better home than most ppl would/could.

: 3. As I told you ppl, my torts make their own decision as to whether to venture outside or not. I DID NOT PUT THEM OUTSIDE FOR THE PIC. The pic didn't tell the whole story, as that they stayed outside for only a short while, before returning to the heat indoors.

: 4. As today has been milder, & the snow over the weekend has thawed, again they have been outside munching away at the lawn, EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE CHOICE OF SELECT VEG INDOORS.

: 5. My torts have seen snow before, they get rain, wind & any elements which THEY choose to go out in. Collectivly they have attained 4-5yrs of age with this regime.

: 6. The dark colouration is due to the lack of sun bleaching their shells, most ppl in cooler climes will prob find this. It's not an indication of poor wellfare. Again, from ppl on this forum, with the exception of "Linda's 4.5yr old super smooth Sulcata", most are slightly lumpy, this does not mean we do'nt take care of all our torts.

: Now mixing species, that risky, ok if you get away with it in the short term.

: graham(UK)

:

:

:
: : Hmmm, just been thinking, how come when I post a pic of my greek tortoise in the same vicinity of a leopard tortoise, I catch a ton of crap. But when people see a sulcata in snow they respond in a positive manner and seem to think it is cute and funny. Honestly which situation is more irresponsible. After seeing the pics how many inexperienced people are going to try it with their animals?

: : Justin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]