kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

First you have to visit a 'true' Purina dealership . . .

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Lisa and Virgil on January 02, 2002 at 23:27:14:

In Reply to: a follow-up question regarding Mazuri Tortoise diet posted by obakefan on January 02, 2002 at 21:05:17:

: Hi everyone -

: I saw Ryan's post below about Mazuri and it got me to thinking that you guys could probably answer this question for me. I've got my two Greek hatchlings eating a diet I create based on the Tortoise Trust feeding guide. Weeds, greens, veggies, etc. But I'm still afraid that they aren't getting the proper protein. I know the breeder I got them from suggested Mazuri once a week for protein value - whether it's necessary or not, I don't know. So I've checked out the Mazuri site and called about all of the feed stores that carry the line in my area but of course none of them have it in stock. And the ones that have offered to check on it for me have never called back. And you know they act like they don't know who I am when I call back -

: How do you guys order your Mazuri? I've seen some sites that are starting to sell a pound or three pounds at a time, but the markup on that has to be ridiculous. How do you order directly from Purina or a factory-sealed bag? About how much do you guys pay?

: Any suggestions are appreciated. I'm SO frustrated at being laughed at by feed store people when I ask!!! You'd think I was asking for dinosaur food or something the way these morons act!

: Thanks!
: Jenny

not PetsMart, etc. Some place that sells for livestock. I had to prepay mine (less than $15) and got it in about 2 weeks. I tried emailing and calling without success. Probably due to getting 'stuck' with something in the past. I had no problems when I was there in person.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]