kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Warranty on new purchase

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Lisa on December 25, 2001 at 02:03:15:

In Reply to: Warranty on new purchase posted by Lisa on December 21, 2001 at 01:19:56:

Thanks everyone for the great advice! I had ordered the tort form a local store, but when I got there today to pick it up, it couldn't open its eyes! I refused to bring it home and the guy didn't want me to either. He said his supplier had brought by 4 torts that morning for him to choose from the other 3 all had their eyes shut, this one didn't. By the time I got there at 3:30, this one's eyes wouldn't open either.

I ended up getting another one from a different store, paying $90 versus $30 for the sick one. I guess you get what you pay for! This store was very knowledgeable and concerned for their animals and offered a longer warranty. They typically offer 1 week, but since I was getting the whole setup and they could see that he would have everything he needed, they said they would work with me if he were to get sick within a few weeks. I feel much more comfortable with the people there and am happy it worked out the way it did (of course I feel for the poor sick tort, but hopefully, this supplier and seller can get their act together).

Thanks for the input. "Freckles" seems to like his new home!

: I'm getting ready to purchase a CB Russian Tortoise from a local pet store that specializes in reptiles. My question is, what kind of warranty should I expect to get? I plan to take the tort to a vet soon after I get one, but if he's sick, should I have any recourse? Is there a standard out there?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]