kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

HELP! insecticide for outdoor pests - sulcatas - what to do

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Esther on December 19, 2001 at 14:09:32:

ok, now that the babies have a yard, help me make it safe and grazy for them! Please! I have not taken any action as of yet without consulting with you guys.........

I lived in Manhattan for so long, the idea of gardening was limited to a few pots of cilantro and basil on my balcony. Now that I have a half acre, what do I do with it that will be healthy for the babies (sulcatas), me and my son-to-be, but not look bad for the neighbors, and not breed any pests?

I have an immediate problem about the last that needs solving. Even this late in winter, there are still bugs all over my yard. Little gnatty ones rise from the grass with every step. The grass hasn't been mowed all summer/winter, the house was on the market forever (like for 6 months), and I found mouse droppings inside. I want to de-bug the grass since baby Thomas will soon be born and I'm tired of itching my ankle bites everytime I go out into the yard, fearful of the West Nile Virus and other carrier born sicknesses, etc.

But I am reluctant to spread Sevin dust over it, because I don't know how it could effect my sulcatas, each being about 20 pounds and loving to eat grass. What is the safest way to debug the yard and still have it as a buffet for Chanel and Albrecht?

I feel this needs to be taken care of first before I plant anything, which will probably be my next posting question.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]