kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Got the babies a house!!!! They love the yard. . .

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Esther on December 17, 2001 at 13:49:36:

I closed on my first house last week. It was the scariest feeling. But also mixed with elation, since now Chanel and Albrecht will be finally in posession of their own yard. As some of you know, the babies only had a balcony as outdoor access in NYC, with occasional walks to Central Park and trips to bask on the hi-rise roof. When I moved in with my parents, the babies had to live in the basement temporarily and play in my parents big backyard, except the swimming pool meant that the babies had to be constantly chaperoned. Now they have half an acre lot with a tall privacy fence upon which to play....!!! I let each of them have some time at the new house this past weekend, including a day outside in the sunny hours and a night inside with their heating systems. They looked like they were in heaven. I can't wait to see them in the summer, enjoying that yard. Now I must concentrate on making it safe for them.

I apologise for not posting for so long on the forum to those who know me. Those who know me probably know that I went through some pretty significant life changes that I had to concentrate on for a while, but I'm back now with lots and lots of questions and sharing. I have some past tense anecdotal stories to post also, I just have been so busy with the new job new house new city new life and pregnancy that I haven't had the time to keep up. Missed you guys an awful lot, though, and whenever my son Thomas decides to come on the scene, maternity leave will kick in and I'll be on the net far more often. . .

Best wishes to everyone!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]