return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

they added $100 to the price!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by @l@n on January 31, 1999 at 12:59:08:

In Reply to: Re: IS $80 A GOOD PRICE FOR A LEOPARD TORTOISE? need 411 on them posted by Beth on January 31, 1999 at 06:46:57:

O.K., this is all jacked up. The night I went, they didn't have a price tag up yet. I asked the most experienced employee there how much they were, and he said $79.99, and also told me "that is atleast %50 off from the price of other places", which is true. This guy was very confident, and was ready to check out right there for $79.99. Two days later, when I went back, they had changed the price to $179.99! I don't know if he missed the 1 on the price, or what, but he definately would have gave me one for $80. They are captive bred, because he had a care sheet, and in the corner, he had the contact info on the bottom, and it immediately said they were captive bred.
One more thing, that same night, I noticed a dieing Banded Gecko that was missing most of its toes, had all kinds of unshed skin, had mouth rot, was too weak to even stand up, looked anorexic(was starving), and was too weak to open its eyes. I immediately told him, and at first he said "it just shed". After he noticed its mouth, he said "well, its mouth doesn't look too good", and I said "yeah...". I asked if they would try to help it, and he said "we'll check how it's doing in a couple of days". Well, if I went back there right now, I wouldn't be surprised if GEX wasn't there anymore...if you know what I mean.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]