kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

His latest e-mail to me, you gotta read!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Christy on November 29, 2001 at 00:08:10:

In Reply to: When buying from the classifieds, beware! posted by Christy on November 27, 2001 at 21:15:27:

Subj: Re: breeder eastern box turtles
Date: 11/28/01 6:15:01 PM Pacific Standard Time
To: SnakecharmerXOX

if i was going to rip you off i would have just kept your money for the turtles and your shipping money,there would have been nothing you could do about it,the fact still remains that you took a month to get back to me,upon receiving the turtles you only needed to email me that there was a problem with one ,and you would have been refunded or replaced,the turtles were in hibernation when shipped all had closed eyes,so heating them with a heat pack would have been stupid since the weather was perfect,no need to run the risk of a heat pack and possible suffocation, they pack together in hibernation putting them in a tight fitting box was perfect since they were dormant the bag was there in case they got warm along the way they could not dig out of the box during shipping,i was not aware that you had no husbandry skills or i would have sent care sheets as you need to now what you are doing when bring turtles out of cool down, it doesn't make since that you would email me now a month later, when you surely would have emailed me on the arrival day if there was a problem but i know you are lying and lost one do to improper care and now want to blame me,if you would have used your common since you would not have a problem know and everthing would have worked out fine,our company has merged with another online company and probreeders will not be renewed so feel free to run your cake hold to your friends >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
That is the latest e-mail I got from him, When he had the turtles up for sale, he said that they were active and eating, now in his e-mail he is saying that he took them from cool down, that isn't the only lie I caught him in. Just in case he changes his e-mail address, here is his address so you can watch out for him:darik houston 6112 sunshine Ave Norfolk VA 23509 . Notice how he said that he could have kept all of my money and there would be nothing I could do?? Sound like a crook or what!

: Yep, hard to believe, but there are crooks that post on the classifieds! October 25th, I bought 6 female box turtles from a guy named Darik here at Kingsnake. He charged me $38 to ship them and he shipped them all in one pillowcase, in a box with no padding and no heatpack! If that wasn't bad enough, one was half dead. A week later, she died. My computer crashed and I couldn't find the guys e-mail address, so I had no way to get in touch with him, then one day, he postes again so I e-mail him. He told me that I didn't buy the turtles from him, then when I finally found one of the old e-mails, he said that I killed the turtle!! I just wanted to warn you guys so you don't get ripped off like I did. His e-mail address is PROBREEDERSASSN@aol.com, so beware of him!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]