kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: hey!....... he ate a little bit (more)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Georgia on November 16, 2001 at 09:11:46:

In Reply to: hey!....... he ate a little bit (more) posted by herpgrrl on November 15, 2001 at 22:21:37:

: I got some of that organic salad from the health food store. he got a long piece of wheat grass pulled out and was sort of eating it so while he was opening his mouth to eat that i put some of the leaves from the the "salad" in and he ate some. He does try to eat i think that he hasn't quite firgured it out though. he bites at things but doesn't get close to them to eat. i moved his basking light closer and now it is about 95 in the basking area the other end is 70-75. is that alright? how much should he be eating and is there a time of day or night when they are more active and i should try to feed him then? thanks for the help

Don't worry about the biting at food and missing it. Our two at 20+ and 40+ lbs do that also. They eventually will get it in their mouths, so will yours. As far as feeding, once he starts eating they are just as bad as a begging dog. They always appear to be hungry. I would put out a daily amount in the cool area and leave it for him. He has no one else to fight over the food with him so he should be able to eat when and what he wants. Main thing with sulcatas, don't over feed. These sweet little monsters turn into eating machines

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]