kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Lyre Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: SULCATA EMERGENCY!!!!!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Freight Freitas on November 10, 2001 at 04:53:35:

In Reply to: SULCATA EMERGENCY!!!!!!!! posted by danya on November 05, 2001 at 21:57:57:

It sounds like your temps might be a bit high, and the 100 watt bulbs may be drying the air out too much! Sand is a bad idea, so you might want to try newspaper, as its cheap and easy to clean, and does not produce dust like some of the other mentioned substrates which could get in their eyes and gut in the case of sand.

A cheap hygrometer will tell you whats going on with humidity. I know my Sulcata does not do well in super dry conditions, and I run a warm humidifier for him sometimes when the heat is on as my house gets quite dry, Too much humidity is also no good, but its usually a standard of 50% where I am, and that seems to work well.

Freight

help! my baby is sick! honey bee's eyes keep getting seald shut, and shes not eating! her eyes arent crusty or watery, her nose is clear, they just get stuck shut. They only open if i run her under warm water for a few minutes, and then they get closed again after like 10 minutes, i plan on taking her to the vets on wendsday, if i can get an appt. Can anyone give me some help, also her legs seem like they may be a bit weak. i dont know what to do~

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]