kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Redfoot Tort Egg Tooth

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Stoli on October 08, 2001 at 16:10:01:

In Reply to: Redfoot Tort Egg Tooth posted by Sam on October 08, 2001 at 05:51:15:

Sam,
I have a one and a half year old red foot. When I got her she still had a portion of her egg sack still on her. She wasn't much bigger around than a fifty cent piece. They are so cute when they are that age. Anyways, I was also very curious about her egg tooth. It eventually wears down. It will start looking smaller and smaller as it wears down. Eventually it just sort of turns into part of thier nose, and is gone. I don't remeber how long it took to totally disappear, but I want to say it took a suprising long time. Some of that might be attributed to the fact that our torts aren't in the wild. Anyways, I wouldn't worry about it. It will eventually just disappear. You might want to take some pictures to him now, and compare them one or two months from now. YOu will be amazed.
Good luck with the little guy.
-Stoli

: Hi! I have a baby redfoot tort that was born in June of this year. He still has his cute little egg tooth!! He does not mind, and I surely do not either, but I was wondering when the egg tooth falls off. I have heard from some people that it falls off in a month, and others say that it gradually wears off, either way, I will not remove it, even if told to do so, I dont want to scare or hurt him, it surely does not affect him in any way, I am just curious. He does get food stuck on it, and its so funny!!! He is about 3 inches now and growing....!!! Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]