kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Giovanni, I was wondering....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Pamela on October 03, 2001 at 16:38:40:

In Reply to: Re: L O L .....more posted by Giovanni on October 03, 2001 at 10:21:26:

Does Karl graze enough to keep the grass down in his yard/enclosure? Or does he only eat the "tasty" parts and leave some stuff completely alone? I've found that Nigel doesn't eat nearly as much as I thought he would. It's hard to tell that there's even been a grazing tort in the pen.... He keeps grazing on the new growth of his favorite plants and leaves the rest alone.
Pamela

:
: >Those pics were great. I'm surprised he didn't/dosen't try to go through the fencing. Do you have it anchored down with something other >than the wood?

: Nope, it's buried down about a foot. He has ripped through it before. Generally the gate (which you can't see in the photo, because it's behind me) is closed and my 2 leopard tortoises live in that area. I have black plastic stapled up so he can't see through it.

: > So do you fill the holes up each year?

: I fill them up right afterwards. If you notice that pile of dirt is almost as high as him.

:
: >Have you figured out what it is he is going for?

: Well Georgia, it's that lovely paradise of dandelion, clover, St. Augustine and weeds just on the other side:).

: Ciao'

: Giovanni

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]