kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Leopard tort has the same problem!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Cameo on September 09, 2001 at 04:41:52:

In Reply to: Star tortoise has occasional bubbles from nose posted by Steve I on September 08, 2001 at 22:31:07:

A Leopard tort in my home has the exact same bubbles you are talking about! He has had this off and on, ever since he was here, over 3 years ago, he has grown a ton since then! He was about 4 years old I was told at the place where he came from, and he was a wild caught. He is under a 100 watt lamp in his huge enclosure inside, temp is warm, hes very active, also nightlamp in wintertime. I have had him on newspapers for awhile, because he had more bubbles when I used other various substrates, such as cypress mulch, I was told that may be one of the reasons he did this, but even with the papers, he still does it occasionaly. He does put his head down a lot when he walks and seems to pick up stuff in his nose, and I believe he gets food up there, I clean him up, and he is better until he eats again, and I always see food all around. He does not have a resperatory infection either, he is verrrry healthy otherwise and eats a LOT!! He does not have parasites either, he has been checked for all of that. His vet does not have a solution to the bubbles either, so Ive just went on figuring its no big deal, but I have always been curious to know, I always guessed its like us when we need to blow our noses in the morning sometimes (and they have such big nostrils too!). I take him outside as much as possible, but we do not have a big enough yard to build a pen. I hope this question does get answered, it has been a mystery, also, I have heard that Leopards and Stars are close relation, so maybe this has something to do with these kinds of torts that needs to be known. Thanks for posting, ive been meaning to for awhile!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]