kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Update on my torts and Toledo Zoo report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Kevin Lorentz on August 28, 2001 at 14:33:39:

Hi all,

Wanted to update you all on my homes hingeback and my baby sulcata . Since I got them almost two months ago they have both been eating extremely well and have shown no health problems . I find this remarkable in the case of my hingeback as he is wild caught . No sign of worms or respertory distress at all . As you know many wild caught Torts will come in with one or both these problems so I consider myself blessed that he has not needed to go to the vet . My sulcata has been getting over his shyness and is doing very well . Both let me know when they are ready for their meals so if I do not get their food to them ontime they tell me about it . It has been a real joy having these two in my life and I am certain they shall be around for years to come .

Also I had the pleasure to take a trip to the Toledo Zoo 2 weeks ago . Saw a lot of amazing animals some of which I myself have kept in the past . What really caught my attention was the fine reptile and amphibian displays they had . To see tortoises ( sulcata and redfoot ) and matamata turtles in such fine care not to mention the other reptiles plus the amphibians really made this a great experience I recommend everyone to see who comes to north west Ohio .

Among U.S. Native herps where the timber ,canebreak rattler as well as leopard lizards and chuckwalas and a very nice sidewinder in a desert south west display . True to form the chuckwala was peaking out from a rocky crevasse and barely visable . Also there was a very nice amphibian display which included various dart frogs and other tropical amphibians .. Ohio
native frogs where well represented as well as native and none native turtles and tortoises . All in All a very nice time for me to see some much talked about herps .

Happy Herping ,

Kevin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]