kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Wanted to share pictures of Nigel the Sulcata

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Pamela on August 25, 2001 at 11:46:02:

I took some pictures of my sulcata, Nigel.
I always enjoy seeing pictures of everybody else's torts... especially pictures of King Karl.

I've had Nigel for a couple years. I adopted him. (He and another sulcata were the victims of a divorce.) I'm not sure how old he was when I got him. He was about the size of a tea cup saucer. It's neat how the changes in his life are reflected in his shell. He was pyramiding when I got him, but I could already see that the pyramiding was less since he'd been at his foster home. When I moved him to his outdoor enclosure, I saw a BIG change in his shell growth. The pyramiding almost stopped (I think) and his shell color became very dark. The last few growth lines have been really thick...

I'm going to try to post or link some pictures of Nigel. He mostly grazes on the grass in his pen, but I take him for walks to munch on weeds too. Every couple of days, I like to hide tidbits like zucchini and collard greens for him to discover. The pictures are from his discovery of a treat.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]