kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: We are addressing herp welfare and education

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Justin on August 17, 2001 at 09:30:03:

In Reply to: We are addressing herp welfare and education posted by Kevin Lorentz on August 17, 2001 at 04:42:29:

:
: are you advocating the miltary style of " if someone makes a mistake the whole platoon gets punished "
Thats pretty much how the government works isn't it, plus the majority have been making mistakes, not the minority

?? Sorry but I am not in the milatary
Yes but you live in the good ole US of A

: .And I will not be punished for the actions of others .
Goodluck, but we all get punished for the actions of others, thats why our taxes are so high, to keep folks in jail.

And tell me do you support the New York exotic ban ? What of all the animals that would get siezed as a result if the law passes ? They will be put to sleep . Many of these animals would be from responsable herpers that care for and love thier herps .
I support the ban to an extent, like I said many of those animals do not belong their. Obviously anyone should be allowed to own a corn snake or leopard gecko, but the folks in NYC should not have Retics and Nile Monitors. As far as them being put to sleep, yes that is sad, but it is more humane for them, than what their ancestors and peers endured during importation.

: I do not support such treatment of animals as you discribe .
Have you ever bought a w.c. reptile Kevin? I am waiting for an answer to this question.

But alot of these laws where born out of parinoia and fear without consulting theose of us in the herping comunity . It angers me no end about the negative look herping has gotten over the years .
Parts of the look are well deserved.

I am not advocating a compete ban of reptiles, but somethings should be implemented. For instance maybe petstores should not be allowed to sell w.c. animals, I would support that law. Anyway I am sick of hearing herpers whine about their rights, it's time to care a little more about the animal's rights.

Justin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]