kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Internet reptile ordering

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Lisa and Virgil on August 11, 2001 at 22:04:26:

In Reply to: Internet reptile ordering posted by meatloaf on August 09, 2001 at 20:00:37:

: i want to buy a hermanns tort. and itlooks like i will have to go with net ordering to get one i am thinking of going with LLL reptiles (www.lllreptile.com) has anyone had reptiles shipped to them and if so did it arive safely they guarantee all reptiles to be to be 100% healthy and to your satisfaction upon arrival, the thing is i live in pa and there in ca the distance my tort will have to travel worries me any info would be great
: thanks M.L.

FYI accidents do happen. I got Virgil there and he is very healthy and active. Couldn't ask for more. He was shipped in December, overnight, and arrived in excellent condition. His heat packs were still warm. Here's the glitch. I specifically told them that I would be at work on the days of shipping and gave them that address. I waited until 11:00 am (he was supposed to arrive before 10) and then realized I couldn't even call to check on him since CA is two hours ahead and the store wasn't open yet. I called my mom who lives 2 doors from me and she went to check and sure enough he was sitting on my porch in 16 degree weather. Fortunately we found him right away, and as I said, his heat packs were still warm. He was active almost immediately after being 'opened up'. I think I was lucky with Virgil, and I certainly would not want to try shipping now. It's in the 90's here with a heat index of 105-110. Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]