kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Lisa and Virgil

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Lisa and Virgil on August 10, 2001 at 21:00:24:

In Reply to: Lisa and Virgil posted by Terry on August 10, 2001 at 17:47:06:

:
: Just got back from a trip to Phoenix,( we're buying a house, now in the contract stage)so I'm just catching up with recent posts.

: I saw the photos of Virgil, he's very cute.Hard to really compare him with Hoku by the photos.
: But I would say Hoku may be very slightly bigger, not much though.Again hard to tell by photos, he could even be smaller!

: Hoku has recently been having a little growth spurt,
: nothing drastic but we can finaly see growth lines.
: The major difference between Virgil and Hoku is color.

: Hoku is beige/light all over, with only a very thin line of darker color around his scutes. The line is thiner than that made by a thin marker.

: One day I'll master this digital camera and post photos, it's so nice to see everyones tort pictures.

: Terry.
: Oh and Esther if you read this, I put in my vote for you at Turtle Times.

My friend has a really nice camera and I'm going to have her take some close-ups of him with other objects for size comparison. Virgil did have a growth spurt a few months back when he had the white lines, etc. I just measured the bottom of his shell, head to toe, and he is exactly 3". If what I was told when I purchased him is correct, he will be a birthday boy next month (1 year old). He continues to eat and poop like a fiend and is perfectly smooth all over.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]