kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Justin is in AZ. n/p

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by EJ on August 01, 2001 at 19:27:58:

In Reply to: Re: Adopting Desert Tortoises is hard (Answer to why) posted by Lori Green on August 01, 2001 at 16:12:07:

: This sounds like California regulations and she is doing it illegally or someone made a mistake. Some adoption places don't check. F&W are very strict about desert tortoises. You are not being singled out.I know several reputable agencies that would not adopt to you a tortoise that is the opposite sex than the one you have. I also know most won't adopt to you two males if you don't have seperate pens.
:
: Turtle Homes deals with four organizations in California, Tortoise Aid, Kern County CTTC, Sacramento Turtle and Tortoise,and American Tortoise Rescue. They may be able to assist you getting permits if that is the state you are in. Unfortunatly I would physically have to be in California to adopt a desert tortoise to you. This is why we deal third party. They can physically hand over the animal to you while we can't. We only help arrange the adoption.
: David Vaughan from the CTTC just took posession of 11 male tortoises from Tortoise Aid. I am not sure if they are all placed but if you write to me in private I can hook you up with David.
: The CTTC may do their own home inspection but if you have a good home and some patience it should work out for you. I would also register with American Tortoise Rescue and Tortoise Aid.
: If you would like to just put in an application with Turtle Homes and send in photos then I can probably help you further.

: Lori
: : The part that bothers me is that my next door neighbor has 4 desert torts all from the same adoption agency. Like I mentioned before she also has 2 pair. Now the wildlife regulation says A. Only one animal is allowed per person in the household. My neighbor lives alone. B. The wildlife regulation also says breeding of adoptess is not allowed and males and females will not be placed together, once again my neighbor has 2 pairs. Why do the rules apply to me and not to her.

: : Justin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]