kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Here is a nice example of the emails that I receive and my response.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Jody on July 30, 2001 at 20:38:11:

In Reply to: Here is a nice example of the emails that I receive and my response. posted by derrick on July 30, 2001 at 16:27:20:

: >From: Jody
: >To: derrickbahama@hotmail.com
: >Subject: (no subject)
: >Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 10:54:54 -0500
: >
: >How utterly arrogant and selfish you are! Most breeders of any species
: >with even the least bit of integrity are more than happy to share
: >information in order to keep propagating the species, for the sake of
: >the animal. Shame on you...you should be watching out for the tortoise's
: >survival,not just your own profits.You obviously care very little for
: >your tortoises well being,and increasing it's population when so many
: >are disappearing every day....Jody
: >

:
: Jody, you don't know me nor my situation. You are the arrogant and selfish one here. Go spend 4 or 5 hours researching the animals that you chose to keep as I did. Take the energy that you are using to harass me and utilize it in a creative fashion. For you information, I just signed onto the internet to post on the tortoise forums my care and incubation techniques. I did this after careful thought. Just to show all that I am not really in this for the money. However after reading your email this afternoon, I have decided not to help you. Shame on you for jumping to conclusions. You can forget my help. If you really care about your tortoises, take up my offer on the forum. Otherwise do your own research. Most of all, think before you type.
: >>>>>>>>>>

:
: I would think that most of you reading the above email would begin to understand why I am reluctant to help. This is the most recent of several emails I have received regarding this matter. If you consider success arrogance, then perhaps I am arrogant. But I don't think that my success is beyond the capabilities of the serious keepers who utilize Kingsnake. I do however think that the average keeper should not have these animals at all. I think that these tortoises should not have been imported in the numbers that they were. They are indeed easy to keep, but they are not easy to breed successfully. Will Jody or Steve go out and spend $4500 on an incubator for their $250 tortoises? I doubt it. But, they'll have to if they really want to be successful at hatching their eggs. Another thing, Steve, the eggs that you destroyed after unsuccessfully incubating them. What chance do you think they would have had at hatching if the animals were never imported? No telling, but I'm sure it would have been higher than 0%. Ah, but I am the one in the wrong here. The fact is, that everyone on this board who owns tortoises without first understanding their requirements is wrong. With that said, I am going to put this little annoyance behind me. Good luck to you all, and my initial offer still stands....funny though, nobody has taken me up on it...
I would seriously doubt that Mr.Derrick Bahama has the courage to post my follow up (private) email as he did the first. If he thinks that 4 or 5 hours is enough to research any species, he is mistaken.It can take months to do it properly.I have spent years delving into different species,not hours,and there are always new things to learn.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]