kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

HELP Will my sulcatas ever get along?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Esther on July 20, 2001 at 11:58:52:

My mother called from Angel's southern summer camp to tell me that my little girl is no longer a little girl. Apparently, once Chanel was taken out of Angel's daily life, Angel felt like the Alpha-tortoise and very comfortably has exposed HIMSELF to be a MALE. Now my main concern is: can I raise two male sulcatas, both who seem to definitely have aggressive tendencies when around each other (but who are sweet as lambs when by themselves?). I am very worried about this and want to keep my Angel Baby. I can't fathom giving her I MEAN HIM to friends or relatives in the South and I want to keep him by my side, but will keeping Chanel and Angel together invite surefire stress and disaster to their individual development? They are both 20 pounders, Angel is 3 1/2 and Chanel is 4 1/2. In their NYC apartment, the two are separated, but they have become more and more insistant on provoking clashes and breaking down their pre-set barriers in order to ram and flip each other over. What is your recommendations with these two energetic torts, the loves of my life who are expecting a new arrival of the human variety come Christmas? I really love them and want to keep both of them with me in NYC and give them the best possible care as they enjoy now (until my husband and I can move to a house with a yard). Are there ways to more thouroughly barricade the apartment (1 bedroom) indoors so that they will both be happy? Will they still be stressed and tense if they are kept apart?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]