kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Colleen

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Georgia on July 17, 2001 at 23:34:25:

In Reply to: RE: TERRY posted by COLLEEN on July 17, 2001 at 21:11:16:

: Thanks for the information, I just came back from the vet and he says that they could do bloodwork to confirm that he has URTD,s but he is pretty sure thats what it is so he gave TEX a shot in the arm for now and says it will take several months of shots and probley will not get rid of the disease. So I am not sure what to do now knowing that it will cost several hundred of dollars to treat her. All I do know is that I do not want her to die so I might have to give her to the vet which he has offered to take her. (I just found out TEX is a female)as you can tell I am one of those people who would have never thought of having a tortoise as a pet but now that I have I can't imagine life without her.

Do you know this vet that well? It REALLY bothers me that he out right offered to take Tex off your hands. I have never heard of a vet extending an offer like that. It just really bugs me. Did he explain his intentions? Why he was willing to take Tex? Are you having the blood tests done? How long has Tex been sick? I know you must be going crazy right now, I certainly would be. Hopefully others can guide you in the best direction.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]