return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Thanks for your help

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Yellow Rose on December 21, 1998 at 19:58:00:

In Reply to: Yellow Foots in Distress posted by Yellow Rose on December 01, 1998 at 21:45:28:

I posted earlier about the trio of yellow foots that I had purchased. Yellow foots 1 and 3 are now eating well and seem to be thriving well. However, it is sad to report that yellow foot #2 passed away about 10 days ago. I gave her water each day through a syringe as well as panacur and flagyl. She also had a liquid diet of the type of greens that she would be used to eating. She did not fight me at all. Odd, she responded to my voice and when I rubbed her shell. There were many times when I would go to check on her and she would turn around to face me, even though I know she never saw me. But I have to say the saddest thing was that, although she would not eat, she still seemed to crawl around the cage. She obviously could not see where she was going because her head was turned inside her shell but she still walked around anyway. Her front legs were so skinny. But, I made a point to pick her up at least 10-15 times a day to hold her (like a baby) and rub her shell. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you that e-mailed me with advice. I left no stone unturned when it came to trying to save her. Again, thank you so much for your time and advice. I still think about her every day.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]