kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: re:Q for Gio/ Thanks everyone and im sooo beat :)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Giovanni on July 06, 2001 at 09:41:50:

In Reply to: Re: re:Q for Gio/ Thanks everyone and im sooo beat :) posted by Theresa on July 05, 2001 at 22:06:32:

: Thanks Giovanni,
: You know thats not the answer I was looking for lol.

HAHAHAHA, sorry...You may luck out and have one that is not so DAMN INDEPENDENT like Kruiser is.

: Luckily the sucatas are generally good about heading in to their house in the eveing. For the Leops, its a nightly adventure finding them as it is.

Boy aint that the truth tcc, my observations are leading me to think that Sulcata's are smarter then Lepoard torts when it comes to protecting themselves from the elements and general survival behavior. This surprizes me being that they both hail from the harshest of environments and over lap territories in some areas, yet have diametrically opposing behavioral styles. My lepoards are so gentle and reserved, yet have to be physically moved when it rains (with the exception of young Johari)to get them shelter.
My sulcata's on the otherhand seem to have a barometer to what the weather is going to do and make arrangements for themselves based on that. Karl will also walk through or over anything he can (i saw him knock my old dog over one day in the backyard, the bonehead). It is very interesting how they differ so much in behavior and personality.

ON A SIDE NOTE:
Also, my Pardalis bunch has no problem at all with humidity (the basic outdoor florida type).
Which leads me to believe that these statements of them "not doing well in humidity" that I have read over the years are either isolated incidents or they were kept in cold and damp conditions. In my experience the humdity in Florida is beneficial to my African tortoises in many different ways.

Take a day off tcc, I will be working for ya this weekend:)..need to replant.

Ciao'

Giovanni

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]