kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Operation kid-search

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Bill Moss on July 05, 2001 at 14:00:02:

In Reply to: Re: my tort is missing :( posted by doug on July 05, 2001 at 08:53:57:

I like that suggestion about putting the neighborhood kids to work. Offer a $25-$50 reward and they'll turn the neighborhood upside down.

: I'm in Suffolk county on Long Island. The animal shelter is my next stop today. Of course you're right about the pen. The yard itself is fenced in, but... He wears a "racing stripe" when he goes out. It's a strip of yellow and silver fabric about 20" long (the kind of stripe you see on those orange vests people wear when they direct traffic.) It's attached with a piece of 90-MPH tape (duct tape) and lets you spot him pretty readily wherever he roams. Even when he holes up behind the garbage pails or under a bush or what have you, there's the stripe trailing out behind. Over the last year or so its proven very reliable and durable. Well, we haven't found the stripe either, so I'm hoping he's still got it, which will make him more visible, identifiable and curious to anyone who might even catch a glimpse of him. I included on the poster the fact that he might be trailing this reflective stripe. I'm hoping that in the event it does fall off outside the yard, someone may find it and call. At least I'd have a narrowed search focus then. I imagine if someone went out in their yard and found a stripe like that they'd think, "What the heck?" and just throw it out. By mentioning it on the poster, I hope now they'd think, "Wait a minute..." Thanks for the replies, it's the support of fellow fanciers that I was lokking for. Any other advice, suggestions, etc. is welcome. I'm off to check the posters (it rained last night) and hit the shelter.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]