kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I am very sorry to hear that..............

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Kevin Lorentz on July 05, 2001 at 02:35:56:

In Reply to: my tort is missing :( posted by doug on July 05, 2001 at 00:46:32:

It is hard to deal with a missing pet ( Reptile or the "normal" pets ). I sincerly hope you find him . Also have you considerd calling the ASPCA ? They get reports all the time about lost pets . Perhaps someone turned him in . If not they can keep a look out for him .

Kevin

: Hello. I lurk here often, but this is my first post. It's not good news. My adult male Egyptian is missing (his name is Shackleton.) He was in the backyard eating some clover, dandelion, etc., then he disappeared. I'm hoping like heck that he just got a little too warm and strolled under the deck for a cooler spot. This happened once before, two years ago. He was missing then for three days. It's been that long now. There's just not enough clearance to get under the deck to see if he's there. So I'm waiting and checking often. Just in case, I've put posters up around the neighborhood and got one call from a nice woman who said her kids had found my tortoise. When I got there, it was a wild box turtle. (Crushingly disappointing.)
: I got this tort when my neighbor's dog FOUND him in his backyard! He knew I had turtles, so thought it might be mine. It took some time to even figure out exactly what species he was (I had no experience with kleinmanni and given their rarity...) I'm in NY, so I can only guess that he walked away from someone else. That was a couple of years ago. I spent the first year keeping a daily log, listing what he weighed, ate, and did, so I could get a base of knowledge. I corresponded with the Egyptian Tortoise project in the UK and Egypt when I found he had worms, and thanks to them and my great vet, his treatment was smooth and successful. It worked out great, and I learned a lot. I really love the little guy (more than I'd admit to non-tortoise people) and I'm alternatingly frantic and depressed over his being missing. -Just figured I could vent here a little while I wait and search and pray for his return. Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]