kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Zoo Med Repti Therm_UTH  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Are newly intoduced sulcatas aggressive?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pamela on June 14, 2001 at 14:29:59:

In Reply to: Re: Are newly intoduced sulcatas aggressive? posted by EJ on June 14, 2001 at 00:18:59:

What did your friend do to help the fighting situation?

I've been reading about all the sulcatas that are going to need rescue homes in the future. I have quite a few acres that I would like to use for sulcata rescue. My plan was to go ahead and start converting the horse barn and pasture into a sulcata barn and pasture so that in a few years I could give some of the big guys a home. Converting the barn, stalls, and paddocks are not much of a problem, but I haven't figured out a good way to properly sulcata proof the pastures.

Any one know a really good way to sulcata proof whole pastures without going bankrupt? (3 to 6 acres)

Does anyone know of any successes in keeping Groups of sulcatas together?

Any guess of how many adult sulcatas can be kept per acre of pasture that is already planted for grazing?

Pamela

: Nope. If they are going to be territorial they want a good deal of space. My friend had a group on 3/4 acre and there was still fighting. Six animals.
: Ed

: : How about plenty of space so they are not cramped and less prone to be territorial? And ample food so there is no competition?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]