kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

authorities

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by EJ on May 30, 2001 at 00:08:27:

In Reply to: Terry, if it weren't for computers............ posted by John C. on May 29, 2001 at 23:37:12:

John, while Andy is a great champion of the chelonian world you are doing youself a great disservice by thinking he is the only authority out there. What you should do is take Andys references, read them and come to your own conclusions. A more thorough researcher you will not find but his ideas are far from THE answer. While I don't always agree with some or all of the folks on this list at one time or another I have to admit they do have some good ideas and I will always be open to that as I suggest you should. (never stop asking why)

: You would have no knowledge about tortoises. How about you get off you precious islands(and please, make sure you keep saying you live in Hawaii on every post) and actually talk to some real experienced tortoise keepers. Like Sharon Chancellor, or that Dean guy, or any other person. How about you get off your stupid island and see a Andy Highfield Master Class 2001. Why should he come to you? We know you are special on Hawaii and all but maybe you should come to the main land and see some stuff. You can look at all the web-sites you want, but the hard facts are tortoises come acroos water rarely in the wild and shouldn't be given constant access to water.

: Also, get some totoises besides a sulcata or a russian.......PLEASE! Then maybe you will realize about the water thing.

: Don't worry, I forgive you for your arrogance and your "I'm cool because I live on a puny island that smells funny. Like I said, I have given names and you keep producing URL's to suport your facts. "computer knowledge" is worse than book knowledge and all you have is computer knowledge.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]