kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Ringneck Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Terry, you've................

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John C. on May 29, 2001 at 21:43:31:

In Reply to: Re: Terry, you've................ posted by Terry on May 29, 2001 at 20:59:16:

You take things way to personal. Lighten up.

what do you mean "my account" of Andy Highfileds Master Class 2001. Thats what he said.

The sudden, "turn around" in health of your baby sulcata is no miracle if thats what you are implying by saying that. Getting a sulcata or russian tortoise healthy again usually isn't hard. they are the only 2 species of tortoise you have to try and kill if you want them dead. Very hardy. Leave water with a Libyian Greek all the time and see how long it lasts. Same with a kleinmanni. I garuntee the would die. Tortoises in general shouldn't be left a water bowl at all times. Russians also don't like water that much. That comes from PROVEN BREEDER OF RUSSIANS Sharon E. Chancellor who is an awesome tortoise keeper and breeder and a person i'm glad to call a friend.

Just as a general rule, torts shouldn't have water at all times and if you had more complex tortoise species you would see what i mean but instead you have the 2 easiest of tortoise species to keep so I can understand your point of vieew as you haven't had experience with a sensitive tortoise.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]