return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Turtle / Tortoise FAQ Online

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Terry on December 09, 1998 at 13:31:53:

In Reply to: Re: Turtle / Tortoise FAQ Online posted by Bryan Pfeiffer on December 02, 1998 at 23:47:35:

:
: : I am pleased to announce the completion of the Turtle / Tortoise FAQ (frequently asked questions) As some of you may remember about a month ago I requested that people send me lists of the questions about turtles and tortoises that they are asked most often. The intent being to post the answers at a location for easy access by all.

: : Of the more than two hundred responses there were over seventy-five distinct questions submitted. Of these seventy-five I chose the twenty-five that were submitted most often to use as the FAQ. Fourteen different authors helped with the answers, I would like to thank them all for their help. They are individually credited in the FAQ.

: : The FAQ has been posted on the Tortoise Trust UK / USA home page in the "Care Sheets" section. Please take a look and feel free to use the answers or direct people to the FAQ as needed.

: : The address for the Tortoise Trust UK / USA home page is linked below

: : Darrell Senneke, Director - Tortoise Trust USA

: Darrell,

: I did two things yesterday that I thought were really great. First, I bought a tortise. Then, I signed up for internet service. Yesterday (12/1/98) was my first ever "surfing". The first thing I did was to try to find out as much info. I could about the tortise I just bought. Un fortunately one of the very first things that I read was a recommendation by you not to buy....you guessed it the tortise I had just purchased.... a Sulcata. How much trouble am I in for?

Hi, read all you can! Your sulcata will grow huge, I expect you realise this now. This forum is good for general info. Read all the sulcata related posts, to get an idea of the problems we sometimes face. Also check out the links, for more info. And think about subscribing to the Tortoise Trust and turtle-l , mailing lists.
Regards, Terry.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]