kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

what would you do?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michelle on May 29, 2001 at 12:30:31:

ok here is the story, 6 years ago my boyfriend and his dad, were at a bar, and this guy gave them a desert tortoise. My boyfriend and I have been taking care of the tortoise for the entire time, the dad never paid attention to the tortoise, feed it maybe once or twice, NEVER took it to the vet ect.. well we moved out and took the tortoise, assuming since we took care of it, it was ours. The dad calls after 4 months (just now noticed it was gone) and is demanding the tortoise back. We just spent 300 bucks on a vet bill. and the dad didn't even know tortoises laid eggs, then tried to say it mated with a red-eared slider (that is maybe 8 months old, and the tortoise is 40) then said it's not endangered, because the guy who gave it to him had 20 of them. I said don't give the tortoise back, because it would die a slow death, in the hands of an idiot. we said what about all the vet bills? he said he doesn't have the money ( WELL if you don't have the money to take care of the tortoise, then you don't need to have it right?) the dad doesn't have all the equipment, experience, or knowlege to take care of it. and he is too lazy to do all the work required. He thinks he can just let it roam in the house, (with out UV light, and feed it iceburg lettuce!!)By the way she is currently egg bound, so that makes her EVEN MORE delicate. I told my boyfriend to tell his dad, the tortoise died. If he does give it to him, it WILL die!! WHAT would you guys do in this situation? would you give the poor tortoise to the idiot, or lie? sometimes I think there are good lies, this is one situation!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]