kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Thanks very much...(more questions)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by KeithD on May 21, 2001 at 13:37:03:

In Reply to: Re: Size of Hermanns (full-grown) posted by EJ on May 21, 2001 at 11:39:28:

Sounds good, thank you.

What part of the country do you live in, and
what kind of enclosures do you keep the Hermanns in?
(both inside & outdoor).

The reason I was so interested in the Egyptians was because of their small size.

I also like the Pancake Tortoises, but I don't have $600+
to spend on one!!!

Thanks again,

KeithD

: Hermans that are full grown are around 8 to 10 inches. Once past 6-7 inches the growth rate slows down dramaticly. They're not fast growers to begin with. They are a much better pet than the egyptians (I have a bunch of these)(and hermans) The russians and the graeca are right up there with them with the graeca about as good in personality but does not get as large. They can, but most available stay around 7 - 8 inches.
: Ed

: : Still investigating tortoise species, I may sway from the Egyptians to a Hermanns (better temperature tolerance).

: : From your experiences, how large do the Hermanns get (full-grown)?

: : Thanks,

: : KeithD

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]