kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

She probably won't pass it if right conditions aren't met (MORE)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Annie-TortoiseAid on May 18, 2001 at 18:12:24:

In Reply to: I want to avoid it if at all possible posted by Michelle on May 18, 2001 at 16:12:35:

: We have given her serveral injections for vitamins and calcium.

Watch it on the vitamins...glad to hear about the calcium.

If she has not responded, let her rest...stress alone can cause even more problems. What is the egg's measurement?

Is the egg low, or high up? yes, breaking an egg CAN cut the inside of the cloaca, great care (and asceptic technique)MUST be used.

She may not be eating because of stress, meds given, etc.

She needs to be outside with PLENTY of room to roam with soil that she will find favorable.

Where are you located? She is welcome to come here if necessary.

Annie

PS Please consider signing up for the Desert Tortoise mailing list....I generally don't check messages here very often, just happened to catch yours. Could answer questions much faster if they appear in my inbox. :-)
Annie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This vet only sees Herps. We induced labor, but she isn't responding. Yes it is a HUGE EGG! I don't know how she had the other 2 in her (how did they fit?) I hope she passes it. If we broke the egg, wouldn't the peices cut her inside? She won't eat anything either.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]