kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Worried about my Russian - UPDATE

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kassie on May 15, 2001 at 23:09:59:

In Reply to: Re: Worried about my Russian - UPDATE posted by Leslie on September 26, 2000 at 10:36:00:

Hello. Just saw your website. I have a male Russian and have had him for seven years.
His name is Fifthwheel. He has never been in a cage. He rules the house. I have lost
him on numerouse occasions but he always seems to end up back with me.

Fifthwheel hybernated the first few months I had him. That was the beginning of summer.
I believe this was due to change of scenery. Call it jetlag. He has since then adjusted
a normal hybernation pattern. I don't mind him running the house. I just clean up after
him. He doesn't make to much of a mess. He hybernates inside a slipper inside my closet
during the winter. I have lost turtles in the past and if you turn them upside down and
cannot get a movement, rub the bottom of the shell. If that doesn't work, leave the
turtle alone; if the poor things dies, you will smell it.

I have been dealing with Fifthwheel constantly trying to climb the wall and digging at
the floor. He wants out!! He has succeded numerous times. Just found him yesterday along
the highway 1&1/2mile south of my house. Been gone a week. I need to find him a home
with lots of outdoor room to run, dig, mate and so on. I don't want him to just go anywhere.
He is family.

Anyway, you can get powdered vitamins to put on the food and just let your turtle run
the house. Not hard to clean up after. It will figure out to go to the tub when thirsty if
you soak it there and will figure out the kitchen is where to get food. Fifthwheel will try
to climb in when the fridge is open.

My folks owned a pet store for many many many years if you have any questions.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]