kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: This is pathetic

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patty on May 01, 2001 at 16:37:32:

In Reply to: This is pathetic posted by Chip on May 01, 2001 at 12:42:07:

Chip,

It is terrible that people must use words that 'faggots' to express themselves...I feel sorry for them.

: Justin, although I have had no grievances with you in the past, you have now seen fit to draw me in by your use of an ugly epithet which is inflammatory and hurtful to gay people.

: Naively, I thought that posts on this forum would be limited to information about the care of tortoises. I thought that perhaps our common interests (tortoises) might take precedence over our differences. I thought that my sexual orientation would be irrelevant on this forum. I never imagined that this forum would provide an outlet for someone to spew homophobic bigotry. I see that I was mistaken.

: I thought that maybe this forum would provide a refuge from anti-gay bigotry that is so pervasive on the internet. How stupid of me to think that such a refuge exists at all in heterosexual society.

: It is unfortunate that you are unable to resolve or respect differences in opinion without disparaging an entire group of people (gays) who have played no role at all in your dispute.

: Since you have not kept your word about leaving the forum, I will do so myself, as I came here looking for information on how best to care for my tortoise, and not because I wanted to subject myself to your contempt.

: I hope you will find that this "fagget's" departure will somehow enhance the care and husbandry of your tortoises, because that's really the bottom line.

: Ironically, i guess I will be following your initial advice about getting my husbandry information from books, as I find them to be more informative and less hostile.

: Regards,

: Chip and Rio

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]