kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: My sister KILLED MY SULCATA!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lori Green on April 30, 2001 at 08:03:54:

In Reply to: My sister KILLED MY SULCATA!!!! posted by John on April 30, 2001 at 01:57:29:

Your sister sounds very young and I know this isn't much, but in her mind she was not trying to hurt the tortoise. She may have wanted to be like you. I know siblings sharing and doing things together is not easy but instead of getting angry at her, try bringing her into the room with you and letting her feed the animals. This way it isn't such a mystery. I let my children (I have several with the youngest being 2) help with the animals as much as they want. The youngest is thrilled to throw a handfull of reptimin into the pond. This way she doesn't feel compelled to do it on her own.
Again I am sorry for your loss. These things happen. Remember your sibling has a childs brain.They don't think in the say way as older kids do.

Lori

: My siter(who is not allowed in my turtle and tortosie room and why she was in there nobody knows!!!!) was wondering around my turt and tort room and she, "wondered why the cute, little brown one was all alone and dry."

: She threw him in my damn turtle pond whicj id 8 inches deep with water!!! She killed him! I am really upset and anyone who has young siblings should explain the reasons for not mixing turts and torts or anything like that! This picture kind of sucks but it is of Sulky(the name of my sulcata) and I miss him a lot already! Watch out for young children killing small tortoises!

: John

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]