kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Please help ME!!!!!!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by tcc on April 27, 2001 at 22:41:26:

In Reply to: Please help ME!!!!!!!!! posted by EEB on April 27, 2001 at 20:31:50:

: Alright
: I have recently aquired some 2-3" sulcata torts.Two of them were placed in a 75 gal with two sub adult bearded dragons.It has bean two days since they were placed there,yesterday they were fine and did quite a bit of eating and investigating,but today when i got home from work there eyes are all stuck shut and there is what looks like blisters around them.I dont think that they could have bean burnt as the cool side of the tank is about 70 and the ground level on the hot side is about 90. What could this be??One of them is almost inatimate.I have moved them to a different tank because i am not shure if this was caused by the beardeds or if it is a sicknes that could infect them.Any help would be a life saver so if anyone could tell me what caused this ,or even better how to help them I would be forever in debt
: Thaaks
: ERIC

Hi Eric,
I cant imagine what this is but would advise a vet check up right away. Do you have a experience chelonian vet or need info on finding one? What your describing is very unusual! If you find out, will you be sure to let us know?
One of the list awhile back there was a lady who allowed her lizard and Sulcata to roam the house when she was away. One day when she returned, the tortoise has eaten the lizard. Beware of this prob ok?
Also there is the problem of them sharing parasites that they have no immunity to.
take care,
tcc :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]