kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Books/ Andy Highfield, never heard of him........

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by EJ on April 11, 2001 at 01:16:51:

In Reply to: Re: Books/ Andy Highfield, never heard of him........ posted by Terry on April 10, 2001 at 21:33:29:

I'll be willing to bet even Andy is thinking 'so what does that mean'. Yes, Andy has been around a while and Andy is a great champion of the turtles and tortoises (sorry Andy) but he is far from the only authority out there. There are new up and coming authorities showing up every day. Just look at Tcc. She's only been actively involved in this hobby for the last few of years and you couldn't ask for a better source for tortoise nutrition. The point of this comment is the your comment is a slap in the face of all the others who are passionate about this topic.
Ed

:
: Well not until I came to this forum 3 years ago, after purchasing my first sulcata and somebody recommended his books :)

: Richard and Robyn Wilson also have a great Sulcata book. But that too I only discovered after visiting this forum.

: Books are great, some of them. Others have outdated even downright wrong info.
: That's why forums such as this one are so useful. Hands on info from other keepers, sharing experiences.

: Thank goodness for these forums.
: Quite a few torts have been saved or tortoise lives improved from advise given right here by the regulars.

: Justin,
: most of the time the tortoise forum is a peacefull place and great advise given.
: Don't judge the people here by the one little war that recently reared it's head.

: I agree SOME books are great, but not everyone has the foresight to buy the book first.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]