kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

WOW talk about connected. Gio & Marissa be nice.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Georgia on April 10, 2001 at 01:30:47:

In Reply to: Tortoise Psyche posted by Athena on April 10, 2001 at 01:16:11:

Athena....I don't think you're wacky. I'm amazed. Animal lovers whether it be dog or tort or whatever are usually tuned into the pet but to dream in advance.....that's ......amazing

: Hi everybody,
: I am probably a bit wacky for posting on this subject but I feel many of you Tort. owners may be able to relate.
: My Mother bought a baby Sulcata back in 95'. She just fell in love with them and took one home from a pet shop in Yuma AZ. I believe she gave over 200.00 for the Tort. (Too much!) It was a hatchling I would say about 4 inches. She really enjoyed the baby and decided to buy another so it could have a friend. The second baby was not in as good of health as the first and he became very sluhggish and his appatite decreased.
: My mother had a dream that the Tort. was crying and was sick, she got really emotional over it and made sure the Tort was taken to a vet and everything was done for it. Every night she dreampt that, That tort was crying. She would tell me the next day and it seemed to really bother her. I was not very interested in her tort really, I liked spending time with my new boyfriend and going to school. The Tort's were her thing.
: Eventually the second tortoise died. She was glad to have "Chop Chop" The healthy tortoise. About 3 months into owning the torts our family moved north to Washington. I remember "Chop Chop" began acting differently almost immediatley. He rarely came out and he stopped eating. My mother again reported dreams of this Tort crying. The tort recieved vererinary care. and soon began to make great progress. One night my mother dreamed the tort was crying again and was sure she was crazy, the tort was now in good health, very active and energetic.
: The next day the "Chop Chop" was grazing on our lawn, my mother and I were planting and not exactly watching him. A very Large bird must have been because we saw it happen in a split second that bird swooped down and took Chop Chop, and needless to say we never saw him again.

: I have since been married and had a daughter. I am the new owner of a baby Sulcata.
: Last night I awoke to a dream that there was a cat in my Sulcata's enclosure ready to pounce on him. This isnt possible because I have no cat and he is inside always.
: Though the dream prompted me to check on him and I found that a planter that I keep by his enclosure had fallen on him. I saw this pot in there and just thought there was no way that it could have directly hit him but he was under it. I will be sure this never happens again of course, and he seems to be fine. He is walking ok and eating infact he's climbing the walls right now, but I think these dreams are the strangest thing!
: I was talking to my husband about it and he says he has heat=rd simular stories from snake owners. According to him reptiles are extremely psychically sensitive. I find this to be amazing and if anyone has expierenced something simular woth their Tort or reptile I would love to hear about it..

: Athena

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]