kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

worried! read e-mail too (to the one whom i e-mailed)!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Girly on April 05, 2001 at 12:49:33:

Help! my tortoise seems to be active and eating well, and the shell rot is so mild and crusty in the serfice and I bath my tortoise too..there's no puss around the shell and it seems always active however i noticed that it poops a lot when she is out, and the poop is sort of a diharrea, probably she eats a lot of grass ; and since grass is full of liquid minerals , she wont' poops as normalll it would? don't know but i'm warried, i have e-mailed people from here about it too..because i'm always warried about my tortoises..we took it to a vet and he said we have to fully submerge her in some medicine, for 30 minutes and repeating this for a whole week, which we fully didn't because we were afraid we might kill it, we asked the vet if there is another remedy and he said that all vets would agree that we should do that.... he said it is severe diharrea when it is like that but it's probably out of lettuce etc...so i left it on her own probably it will pass as it happens to humans sometimes....i'm afraid if taking her to another vet would give us the same advice since we don't have vets that are really exotic reptile experts...i hope that she'll be ok if i leave it alone because if it were severe illness the tortoise would be unactive most of the time, also with puffy eyes and nose...
Anyway, i hope for a good advice or an e-mail
Girly

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]