kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Need more info.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ok, but do i have to put him with the others for he never had problems with them! on March 17, 2001 at 22:35:49:

In Reply to: Need more info. posted by Tim on March 17, 2001 at 18:41:45:

: : Hello people, i'm new here and i wish to join the forum firstly because I need to know something about tortoises..i had no time to read through the forum, maybe i'm repeting some questions but anyway i'm warried about things that regards my tortoises, now we are in the month of March, my tortoises are still sluggish but sometimes they go around and graze, our garden is full of bright sunlight that from Spring (round about april upwards) there is no shad at all..(right now there are areas with shade but the temperature is good..) I need to know if it is normal for tortoises to continue being sluggish in March?
: : My tortoises are kept together but nothing problematic happened, they've been living together for about 5 years now...we never had problems but i need to know if it's advisable leave them together.... since in the other area there is more sunlight than the left area...
: : Note: they're checked by the vet when problem arise....however i think the sluggish thing is normal for now...there are sites that say that tortoises become active after/ during the month of april.

: What type of critter are we talking about? What are the conditions it is kept in?

: Tim

All i need to know if i can put him again with the other tortoises, he never had problems with them so far, it is true, that males can't avoid to fight at times, but I can see from his behavour that he seemed happier in the area where the other companions used to graze with him....
the garden is big enough to hold more tortoises than the ones i have... and there's a lot of vegitation....i'm just warried because the other part of the garden is a bit shady or let's say just half of it (part sunny and partly shady)...
the problem is that i can't determine their species...but their species is only species they import in our country Malta.... I don't know the name of the species...but I think that like other tortoises they need sunlight...(probably they're box tortoises)
BTW the temperature in our area, is about 19 degrees celcius during the day, and night time it is about 15 or a bit more..during winter it tend to be a bit less and during somer the temperature is about 40, regarding humid, our country is popular from humid, but my tortoises again never had problems about that......but if this is a problem to this animal please tell me what to do to prevent their exposure to humid areas!
Well talk to you soon....Girly

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]