kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Please read...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ryan on January 23, 2001 at 19:25:34:

In Reply to: Checking my husbandry posted by Ryan on January 22, 2001 at 20:49:44:

For the peace of mind of all of you out there, and since it seems I have started quite a debate, let me add this.
I was wrong about the bulb, no b in the UV. I use a Rubbermaid about six inches tall, and leave terrariums for my small lizards. I have kept herps for well over a decade and am aware of the greenhouse effect. This shorter height allows for more air circulation, giving me a diverse temp range in a small area. It is much too cold to keep him outdoors currently.
Many of you helped me initially, and I was checking to see how well I was doing. The care of my little charge is very important to me.
I also am a strong advocate against people purchasing pets from pet stores. I feel that keeping large herps and those with demanding needs should not be something that is available to the general public. This weekend I am putting together a care sheet for a fourth grader who just purchased a spectacled caiman, after being told it was an alligator and would not reach it's six foot length for 13+ years.
I love my sulcuta, and will feel the same way when he is a lumbering giant ramming things for fun!
I greatly appreciate everyone's help and concern, and I will experiment with the temps to find out which he prefers. Thank you again, and I look forward to any more advice.
Ryan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]