kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: judgemental opinions.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by cc on January 13, 2001 at 21:26:46:

In Reply to: Re: judgemental opinions. posted by Marissa on January 13, 2001 at 13:47:14:

You are absolutely right, we obviously differ in opinion and that will not change.

You don't recognize my name because in the past I posted under a different name, which I am also sure you would not recognize as I only posted here 2,3 times at the most.

Anyway, I agree, this thread should end. My e-mail address is included this time, so that I do not remain totally anonymous and point fingers.

: I realize it's not just sulcatas that are unwanted pets. As a vet tech and former professional with mammals, I am well aware and have been involved with furry house pets way b/4 torts even!

:
: Yes, I don't agree that no matter what I say people are going to do what they want. I think most people here looking for advice are really looking to be TOLD what to do. I realized this by the amounts of people over the years that have said "I don't understand all the info just from the emails and care sheets...can you instruct me on exactly what to buy and build and do?" So I oblige them. I wish someone was more specific with me when I was a newbie so I can understand.

: As for Gary? Well, he posted for info and made his business public, and so invited any posts he got. What is frustrating is that even WITH the info he didn't have prior to me speaking with him...he still made a very poor decision I feel. From dealing with him, I don't really feel he had the animal's best interests at heart...which was exemplified by the time it took him to get to the vet....weeks from when I recommended a good guy in our area. So, I basically posted my feelings on that.

: If you have sulcata and have been on this forum for 2.5 years, why don't you post more often??? Maybe you can step in and start giving out advice as well. And open yourself up for the criticism that I and everyone else here does with each and every post. Maybe you are but your name doesn't sound familiar and you don't list your email address. It's very easy to sit back and point fingers...

: BTW, I am admonished on public forums...I have just been admonished by you and many others on this forum...do you think I will be scared off? Do you think that because you and a few other people don't like what I said that is going to drive me away? Well, probably not.

: I'm sorry if you perceive my attitude to be condescending...I am not a condescending person for those turtle/tortoise people who have met me and know me...but remember, I am human. However, that is the beauty of the Internet...if you don't like what is written, you can just delete it or ignore it and move on.

: I'm sorry you feel afraid to post because of the condescending attitudes here, but I, too, could just as easily point out any posts including yours to be condescending. If you feel that 'who am I to tell Gary' than I can just as easily say the same for anyone out there to tell me what to say...

: Let's end this thread...we obviously differ on opinion and that looks like something that is not going to change...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]