kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: judgemental opinions.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marissa on January 11, 2001 at 08:19:21:

In Reply to: judgemental opinions. posted by EJ on January 10, 2001 at 23:36:54:

Hey Ed, sorry if you disagree with me but you are one of the most judgemental people I probably know on the web and nobody begrudges you your opinions. Maybe you just aren't seeing the huge amounts of sulcata "help" rescues that I am here on the East Coast...it is a REAL problem that people just don't seem to realize since the baby sulcata are so cute. You are in CA so it's easy for you to rationalize...how about someone in an apartment somewhere or a small house somewhere in the North where it is only really good weather for sulcata maybe 3 months of the year like it is near me...can you really imagine the work and money and time it would take to even be ABLE to house an adult sulcata in your home for MOST of the year??? Pretty scary when you think about it, and I know better than anyone because I had to do it too. I can honestly say I have probably helped arrange interim foster care and do adoptions and help arrange spring adoptions for maybe 10 sulcata just this month alone. That should show you how at least the majority of people are willing to go the extra mile. Most of them just plain don't realize either. Maybe, I'll tell you the story of a sulcata I just helped in a rescue...it had been in "hibernation" for the past three months until the owner came upon some good info on the 'web. Lucky to be alive. Yes it costs alot of money to have a child over the course of 18 years....not 75 though. Also, children CAN live in a house for most of the year and can put on jackets and sweaters when it's cold out. There are much better choices of tortoise for folks like me in this climate at least for now. I'm sorry if you disagree but I will not alter my opinion...based on what I have been seeing even just lately, I feel I am justified.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]