kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Ed, Q's for you

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by graham(UK) on March 20, 2002 at 16:46:07:

In Reply to: A 'Speedy' update... posted by EJ on March 20, 2002 at 11:52:26:

1.IYO,to what do you attribute the dark coloration to?
Lack of sunshine or some other influence?

2.IYO,could the size of your indoor pen have dictated his present size?
Would he possibley be larger had he been given the opportunity to roam a garden?
graham(UK)

: Here is an updated picture of Speedy who is maintained indoors and on mostly grocery greens and rarely weeds. In the last 6 months he has been given Mazuri tortoise diet on alternating days. He has been living in a 2’ x 4’ x 8’’ enclosure with an active UV heat lamp for the last 3 years and has rarely been outdoors. He’s about 8 inches scl and is just starting to get a little big for this enclosure. The last growth spurt you can see I attribute to the Mazuri Diet. This is the best picture of the guy I can get because when he comes out of his she he does not stop moving and is impossible to photograph.
:

: This next guy is an adoption I got not too long ago. I’ll be posting occasional pictures of this guy as he grows. Note the shape of his shell.
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]