kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: My Sulcata Isn't Eating!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Georgia on November 04, 2000 at 12:16:23:

In Reply to: Re: My Sulcata Isn't Eating! posted by Cara on November 04, 2000 at 12:08:23:

: The problem with a vet is that I live in a dinky town- it's a shock the vet knows about cats! (I used to work there)

: But about its housing- It is a long (probably 4 ft long by 2 ft wide clear container- maybe 3 inches high. The ground is a dirt type substance and there is a lamp on one side and not on the other. It even has a little tunnel thing it will crawl into. But when I bought it the people at the pet store told me they don't like water! So I haven't been soaking it that often- do you think that could be what's wrong with it?

They do like water. It's just that the don't live in it. Our big one loves to play in the sprinkler. They do need to be hydrated. How are his uriates. Soft, hard? You really do need to find a vet. It may be far but you need to. There is a site that will give you names of vets close to you. I can't remember the name of it, it isn't something that I need, but I'm sure someone on this forum knows it. These guys need worming, checked for parasites etc. Believe me, you'll feel better knowing you have done everthing you can for your little guy.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]