kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: HELP !! I have a question....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jason Harlow on October 31, 2000 at 20:41:33:

In Reply to: Re: HELP !! I have a question.... posted by Marissa on October 31, 2000 at 18:56:45:

: Hi Jason,

: Well there are so many types of tortoises that you have to choose from, but fortunately price and availability will narrow your search down a bit LOL! It seems you have some knowledge and experience with herps. Torts require pretty particular setups, lighting, diet, etc. Why don't you tell us where you live, what sort of room you have for this creature now and at eventual full size, and what sort of indoor and outdoor accommodations you were thinking of...that way I can (or one of us here can) make some valid suggestions on the best choices for you, and provide you with sites to begin researching the tortoise you decide on. Did you have any thoughts on an aquatic turtle...or were you mainly interested in a land tortoise?

Marissa..thanks for the reply ! I could provide any type of habitat that the tortoise would need. I live in Central Illinois, and have plenty of room indoors and out for any animal. I am also very handy and inovative when it comes to building things. I would prefer a land tortoise.... With the alligators..I have enough pools around with them :-) Thanks again in advance for any and all info !!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]