kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Rain Day

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Georgia on October 28, 2000 at 18:35:18:

In Reply to: Rain Day posted by Mark Hofer on October 28, 2000 at 16:22:24:

: It's raining today. The kids (Turkiya & Tamu 4 mo. Sulcatas) are just circling in their indoor pen. Yesterday was nice and sunny 73 out. They both have had freedom outside all but two day since I got them October 1, 2000. They have a real nice portable pen for outside when I can't watch them. I constructed it in a week and includes fencing net to keep birds from injuring them.
: But today is cold and rainy and they desperately want to play outside. So I set up their basking spot off the coffee table and a nice dark throw rug underneath it. They have the run of the house today. They love the carpet so much, they left a suprise! They both have figured how to make it to the sliding glass door and stare outward. Some day I'll let them play in the rain but it is too cold and windy @ 60 out. They are both so inquisitive when on the lamb! Hope your day looks better outside than ours, good afternoon.

Well our day has started out good. We had sun and our 15 & 30 lb. sulcatas were out grazing and laying in the sun most of the day. Tonka the larger one wanted to even walk through the water as I was hosing down the porch.....but it is a little to cool for that. He found his way to his favorite nap spot under the hibiscus hedge and when Mom went out to get him to come back to the enclosure where their heated house are....he had other plans. Half an hour later, Mom, on her stomach, Tonka with his feet dug in, finally won the battle of stubborness. AND Dad finally came home from errands, of course after mom had won the battle. I am not a small person but thirty pounds of stubborn sulcata is a challenge. He loves his spot under the hibiscus, but our temps are going to drop into the mid fifties tonight and they claim it is going to rain again. I think Tonka will be happy Mom won. Buzzy on the other hand is a smart little lady. She basked, grazed and went back to the warmth of her house. I don't know how you people living in cooler climates do it with your torts. We are in southern Calif. Hope your night is snuggley.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]