kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Two Red Foots, and new to the group

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Stoli on October 26, 2000 at 18:25:20:

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but think it is great. My girlfriend and I got our first Red Foot last February. He was a Valentines Day present for me from my girlfriend. His name is "Valentino". He was about 3 months old when we got him. We had him for about two months when we got our second, Rossa, and she was a little baby when we got her. She still had her "egg tooth", and only weighted 30 grams. Valentino and Rossa have become our life. We love them so much. I always had box turtles as a kid.

Rossa recently had a runny nose, so we immediately took her to the vet. The vet told us she had some sort of a micro plasma. We have her on anitbiotics, and she seems to be doing much better. She hates having to take her medicine because I have to open her little mouth and squirt it in there. I would put it on her food, but she has not been eating very much due to her infection. I was very worried there for a while because she wouldn't eat, and would spend all day in a little hole I dug her in her cage. The last few days she has been eating a little, and moving around her cage. Any suggestions?

I am paranoid about the care of my tortoises. I feed them grocery bought fruit and veggies. Collard greens, squash, zuchini, tomatos, cantalope, sweet corn, and kiwi. I also give them T-Rex tortise food on occasion, and the calcium powder. What else should they be eating? What sort of grasses, flowers, natural foods, etc...? Is feeding them everyday too much? They usually eat like pigs. I am also worried that Valentino might have caught the same infection that Rossa had. He doessn't seem to be displaying any effects, but I am still worried.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]