kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Miracles do happen....more

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Terry on October 22, 2000 at 15:56:09:

In Reply to: Miracles do happen....more posted by Danica on October 22, 2000 at 15:06:33:

Hi Danica,
tortoises can take a very long to come around after an anesthetic.
Also my vet told me of a case ( not his) where a turtle was suffering from severe shell rot. The owner decided to put the turtle to sleep,obviously it wasn't given a high enough dose of the drug. As the next year it dug up out of the grave, alive and shell rot healed!!

I'm very glad to hear that Dozer is still with you and doing well.
One word of advise though, I wouldn't give him banana, none at all.
Remember sulcatas are grazing herbivores, grasses, flowers, weeds and edible plants/leaves etc should be his diet.
Feeding fruits to a sulcata can cause all kinds of health and digestive problems.Including colic and renal failure.

Anyway, thanks for the story,and hugs to Dozer!
Terry.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]